Risk Management Executive Committee
- Considers and recommends risk management proposals that require additional funding or proposed policy changes to the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Communicates with University Leadership about risk management policy and strategy.
- Sends requests to the Risk Management Advisory Committee for research and to develop options or recommendations on risk management issues.
- Nominates new members to the President for the Risk Management Executive Committee and may establish ad-hoc advisory committees for specific issues.
- Coordinates the Enterprise Risk Management Process.
- The chair of the Risk Management Executive Committee will call an executive committee meeting as needed and when requested by members of the committee.
- The Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration appoints members to the RMEC.
Composition and Tenure:
Voting Members, approved for indefinite terms:
- Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration-Chair
- Provost and Executive Vice President (or designee)
- Executive Vice President Health Sciences
- Vice President for Research
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Vice President for Strategy, Planning, and Analysis
- Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chancellor from a WSU Campus (on a two-year rotating basis)
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Compliance and Risk Officer (CCRO), ex officio
- Senior Executive Assistant to the President
- WSU, Chief of Police
- Other individuals who may be asked to participate at the discretion of the chair.
Risk Management Advisory Group
- Provides proposals, advice, and support on matters of policy and procedure relating to risk management
- Coordinates and communicates with WSU campuses, departments and their employees, students, and visitors, about risk management policies, procedures, and issues.
- Coordinates and facilitates communication between other WSU risk management related committees and programs.
- Reviews risk management issues and provides recommendations weekly or as needed.
- Sends proposals that require funding or proposed policy changes to the Risk Management Executive Committee for approval or further development.
- Reviews risk management information and makes suggestions for improvements.
- The committee will be scheduled to meet weekly or as needed.
Composition and Tenure:
Voting Members, appointed for indefinite terms:
|Coordinator; FS Construction
|Assistant Dean of Students; Student Conduct
|Assistant Attorney General*
|Attorney General's Office*
|Business, Contracts, and Fiscal Manager
|Assistant Director, Student Involvement & Leadership
|Associate VP, Police (Police Chief)
|Executive Director, Student Involvement & Leadership
|Emergency Management (and Governmental Studies)
|Assistant VP, Facilities Services
|Fire and Safety Compliance Office
|Chief Audit Executive
|Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
|Spokane; Student Affairs
|Director, UREC Facilities
|Associate Vice President
|Office of Research Support and Operations
|Director, University Rec
|Sr. Associate Director, CUB
|Director, Training, Disability Services, Labor Relations
|Executive Director, Compliance
|Office for Equal Opportunity
|Executive Assistant to the Provost
|Vice Chancellor, Finance and Operations
|Assistant Director, Extension
|Student Services Manager
|Emergency Management Coordinator
|Associate Director, WSU Police
|Associate Vice President, Admin Services
|IS Director and CISO
*The Attorney General’s Office will provide legal advice
- The Executive Committee and Advisory Committee will ask WSU Departments to provide personnel to offer advice, information and support as needed.
- The Environmental Health and Safety Management Services Department will provide administrative support to the executive and advisory committees.