Risk Management Executive Committee
- Considers and recommends risk management proposals that require additional funding or proposed policy changes to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Communicates with University Leadership about risk management policy and strategy.
- Sends requests to the Risk Management Advisory Committee for research and to develop options or recommendations on risk management issues.
- Nominates new members to the President for the Risk Management Executive Committee and may establish ad-hoc advisory committees for specific issues.
- Coordinates the Enterprise Risk Management Process.
- The chair of the Risk Management Executive Committee will call an executive committee meeting as needed and when requested by members of the committee.
- The Vice President for Finance and Administration appoints members to the RMEC.
Composition and Tenure:
Voting Members, approved for indefinite terms:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration-Chair
- President’s Chief of Staff
- Senior Assistant Attorney General, Division Chief*
- Executive Director for Compliance-Title IX Coordinator
- Associate Vice President, Police
- Associate Vice President for Facilities Services
- Vice President for Information Services & CIO
- Vice President for Research
- Director Internal Audit
- Executive Director Environmental Health and Safety Risk Management Services
- Assistant Director Risk Management Services-Committee Secretary
Risk Management Advisory Group
- Provides proposals, advice, and support on matters of policy and procedure relating to risk management
- Coordinates and communicates with WSU campuses, departments and their employees, students, and visitors, about risk management policies, procedures, and issues.
- Coordinates and facilitates communication between other WSU risk management related committees and programs.
- Reviews risk management issues and provides recommendations weekly or as needed.
- Sends proposals that require funding or proposed policy changes to the Risk Management Executive Committee for approval or further development.
- Reviews risk management information and makes suggestions for improvements.
- The committee will be scheduled to meet weekly or as needed.
Composition and Tenure:
Voting Members, appointed for indefinite terms:
|Coordinator; FS Construction||Facilities|
|Assistant Dean of Students; Student Conduct||Student Conduct|
|Assistant Attorney General*||Attorney General's Office*|
|Contracts Manager||Contracts Office|
|Business, Contracts, and Fiscal Manager||Athletics
|Assistant Director, Student Involvement & Leadership||Student Involvement|
|Associate VP, Police (Police Chief)||WSU Police|
|Executive Director, Student Involvement & Leadership||Student Involvement|
|Emergency Management (and Governmental Studies)||Emergency Management|
|Assistant VP, Facilities Services||Facilities|
|Fire and Safety Compliance Office||WSU Police|
|Chief Audit Executive||Internal Audit|
|Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs||Spokane; Student Affairs|
|Director, UREC Facilities||UREC|
|Associate Vice President||Office of Research Support and Operations|
|Industrial Hygienist||Vancouver Campus|
|Director, University Rec||UREC|
|HR Consultant||Human Resources|
|Sr. Associate Director, CUB||CUB|
|Director, Training, Disability Services, Labor Relations||Human Resources|
|Executive Director, Compliance||Office for Equal Opportunity|
|Executive Assistant to the Provost||Provost's Office|
|Vice Chancellor, Finance and Operations||Vancouver Campus|
|Assistant Director, Extension||Extension|
|Student Services Manager||Vancouver Campus|
|Emergency Management Coordinator||Emergency Management|
|Industrial Hygienist||Tri-Cities Campus|
|Associate Director, WSU Police||WSU Police|
|Associate Vice President, Admin Services||Student Affairs|
|IS Director and CISO||Pullman, ITS|
*The Attorney General’s Office will provide legal advice
- The Executive Committee and Advisory Committee will ask WSU Departments to provide personnel to offer advice, information and support as needed.
- The Environmental Health and Safety Management Services Department will provide administrative support to the executive and advisory committees.