for OneWSU system development
All system development work will be guided by the following principles:
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout every aspect of our statewide system. Throughout all our processes, we will strive to create a climate that enables underrepresented students, faculty, and staff to thrive in WSU communities that foster a sense of belonging in a culture of inclusion. Our ultimate goals are to create an institutional culture in which inclusion and equity are the norms, and that our model helps move the world toward a place in which all people are treated with dignity and respect.
- We will use the OneWSU System Strategic Plan as our guiding document. The OneWSU System Strategic Plan reflects the collective efforts of our Coug family both in and beyond Washington state. Similar to our system’s evolution, the OneWSU System Strategic Plan will also evolve, but its core themes, operating principles, and values will continue to guide our work.
- All decisions will be data-informed. As we continue to grow our data culture at WSU, we will carefully utilize data to help determine the best path forward. We will seek out data resources when needed information is not readily available.
- Avenues for communication will be extensive and transparent.
- We will stay true to our land-grant mission of access and public service.