Charge to Student Conduct Process Task Force
The Student Conduct Process Task Force will carry out a comprehensive review of the University’s current student conduct process.
Task force members will strive to ensure that WSU provides a fair and equitable student conduct process that supports the education and accountability of students while protecting the safety and rights of the entire WSU community.
Following its review of the existing student conduct process, the task force will recommend any changes that will improve the quality, fairness, and educational values of the process. In the course of their review, task force members may:
- Research conduct processes employed by other universities
- Review relevant scholarship and research in the field, as well as legal requirements
- Interview student conduct experts
- Examine statistics and other information related to the WSU conduct process and the Office of Student Conduct
- Gather and consider input from internal and external constituents
- Engage in other information-gathering designed to develop a clear understanding of the nature, scope, and best practices in student conduct broadly, as well as at WSU
The task force will produce a report documenting its findings and making recommendations to President Schulz. The president will submit any proposed changes to the conduct process to the Board of Regents for consideration and possible adoption.
The WSU community and the public are invited to submit input online, and multiple opportunities to provide additional comments will be provided, including public comment periods at Regents’ meetings and a hearing at which the public may comment on any proposed new rules and revisions to existing rules. The Regents will vote on any recommended revisions to WSU rules.