- Monitors and advises on the menu of investment options for employees under the WSU Retirement Plan (WSURP) and Voluntary Investment Program (VIP), hereafter referred to as the plans; recommends adding or removing “funding vehicles,” as defined in the plans
- Monitors and advises on the policy
- Evaluates fees and expenses and provides associated advice related to fund sponsor(s) and funding vehicle(s) for the plans
- As part of the monitoring, evaluates the performance of funding vehicles in the plans, and provides applicable advice
- Advises on communications to the plans’ participants
- Performs other functions related to reviewing, monitoring, and/or advising on the plans as provided in the Investment Review and Plan Oversight Policy, or as requested by the president, the vice president for business and finance, and/or the director of Human Resource Services (HRS)
Composition and tenure
- At least 1 faculty, 1 professional staff, 1 VIP participant representing classified or contract classified staff, and 1 retired WSURP representative with 2-year terms. To establish staggered terms, up to 2 of the 4 initial appointed members may be appointed for up to a 4-year term.
- The HRS benefits manager, a representative from Finance and Administration, and a representative of the Budget Office shall be permanently seated ex officio committee members.
- The president shall appoint the chair of the committee.
Responsible to: The president through the vice president of finance and administration.
Visit the HRS Investment Review and Plan Oversight Advisory Committee website for more information. Questions about the committee may be directed to Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services
Dr. McNamara, Michael
Grant and Research Development
Finance and Administration